Middle East Armenian Portal
Home News   Forums   Articles Directory Links Downloads Photos Services Events Calendar About us  
Forums > UAE Armenians: Parev Emirates program welcomes the newcomers

UAE Armenians: Parev Emirates program welcomes the newcomers
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2008

What is Parev Emirates?

Parev Emirates is a program designed by Azad-Hye Group to welcome Armenians who arrive in the United Arab Emirates for living there.

This program is specially important as Dubai has become a rapidly growing destination for job seekers. We are in a lucky position to learn from the experience of the newcomers. 

Newcomers need a warm welcome in order to feel socially stable and confident in belonging or being attached to fellow Armenians in the cosmopolitan city of Dubai.  

We ask therefore recent arrivals to contact us in order to arrange a Parev Emirates welcome for them. This will certainly enrich all of us.  

Also this is the folum where newcomers can write and express their thoughts even before their arrival here. Introduce yourself and start networking.

Read also: Parev Emirates program launched

See other topics at: Azad-Hye Forums 

Post your opinion here. We will send your posting to all the members of Azad-Hye and invite them to place their comments in return.

Comment 8

Hi , would you be kind enough to give me the physical address of the church so I can look it up on Google Earth ?

It is very interesting to know that we have such a large Armenian community in Sharjah, where we are looking to move and start up our plant in the future.

Thank you very much,

Pierre Aghyarian
rhodiumking@gmail.com

Note from Azad-Hye:

The church address and brief history of the community is available here:
http://www.azad-hye.net/article/article_view.asp?re=469gzh54

You are welcome in the community and please contact us when you arrive here.

Posted by: PIERRE AGHYARIAN   on Monday, March 26, 2012

Comment 7

Hi, my name is Levon, I am moving from Doha to Sharjah, I would like to have some guidance with regards to where to find a suitable apartment in sharjah. Can someone advice ? My email is anserlianleon@hotmail.com

Posted by: Leon   on Saturday, May 07, 2011

Comment 6

Barev, My name is Anna, I just moved to Doha for a job. Would love to find the Armenian community here, I know there is one, but have no idea where to start. Would appreciate any information. Please contact me at: an2422an[@]yahoo.com Thank you

Posted by: Anna   on Saturday, July 31, 2010

Comment 5

Hi, me & my husband moved to Dubai 3 months ago and would like to joint Armenian community in Dubai or in Sharjah. Any phone numbers available to check out the available events?

Reply:

Welcome to our Community. You can follow the events in the EVENTS CALENDAR section in this website. Also you can call the Community center in Sharjah at 06-5660320 for more details.

UAE Armenians page is available here.

Posted by: Ani   on Saturday, March 06, 2010

Comment 4

Aram and Satenik AvakianAvakian couple visits the Armenian Church in Sharjah

Parev Emirates event

On 21 November 2009, Azad-Hye welcomed Aram and Satenik Avakian, who visited the Armenian Church in Sharjah and received first hand information about our institutions and community life.

Father Aram Deyirmendjian accompanied the couple in their tour inside the complex and gave historical feedback.

Aram Avakian works in Yerevan as Sales Representative of United World Telecom company (FL, USA). Satenik Avakian is the Director of Papazian library in the American University of Armenia (AUA).

Having travelled in other communities they were specially happy to see the southernmost Armenian Church in the Arab World.

After their return to Armenia, Aram Avakian wrote the following message:

Satenik and me have already returned to Yerevan. The trip was very interesting: we saw many different places, met many people and learned a lot. Once again I would like to thank you for arranging our visit to the Armenian Church and adjacent institutions. It was so nice to meet father Aram and learn from him about the activities of the Armenian church and community.

Warmest regards,
Aram Avakian
Yerevan, 17 December 2009

Photo: Aram and Satenik Avakians in front of the Armenian alphabet board in the school yard in Sharjah. 

Suggestion: As the Parev Emirates visits have become popular, we suggest the following:

1) To publish a colorful guide / brochure or booklet about the Armenian complex in several languages (English, Armenian, Arabic and Russian).

2) Train young members of the community on how to welcome Armenian and non-Armenian guests into the complex and show them around. The training should include also ways of introducing the Armenian culture and answering frequently asked questions on Armenian topics.

3) Involve the young members in preparing articles based on these encounters, thus creating opportunities for further enhancing their personlity, confidence and pride in presenting Armenian topics in the most appropriate form.

READ MORE ABOUT PAREV EMIRATES PROGRAM

Posted by: Moderator   on Saturday, December 19, 2009

Comment 3

Barev,

My name is Sevak Shahbandarian. We (my wife and daughter) moved from Holland to Doha/Qatar last week and we would like to introduce our selves to the Armenian community in Doha and make some new Armenian friends.

My email address: shapi59@hotmail.com 

Looking forward to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Sevak

Posted by: Sevak Shahbandarian   on Saturday, November 07, 2009

Comment 2

Hello,

My name is Karnig Haladjian and I moved to Abu Dhabi less than a week ago.  I am originally from the states and moved out here as part of a job assignment I recently took. 

I was wondering if someone could provide me the location and detail of any Armenian community in this area as I would like to get involved.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Karnig

Posted by: Karnig Haladjian   on Saturday, June 20, 2009

Comment 1

Barev,

Hi I am located at Bangalore, India. Any of my fellow Armenians visiting this part of India please feel free to contact me for assistance.

Michael

+91-9886505836

Posted by: Michael stephan   on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Leave a comment
Name (required)
Email (will not be published) (required)
Website
Security Code Image   (Enter the code)

Bookmark and Share

Announcements
Azad-Hye Diary
UAE Armenians

Home · News · Forums · Articles · Directory · Links · Downloads · Photos · Services · Diary · Events Calendar · About Us

Copyright © Azad-Hye, 2003-2009. All Rights Reserved.